Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just Another Fill

Here we are at week five of round two already! Can you believe it??? I am so glad that it is going by so quickly and that we haven't encountered any problems besides the stitches (which was so surprise) and keeping our eye on the expander that was bruised from surgery. I am really hoping it stays this way but we just never can predict what can show up.

Anyways, not much else to say except that is was just another fill today. Same routine, same bit of fear from Aiden when we numbed him up and the same small amount of crying when we did the expander with the port in his arm. I am so proud of him. He is one brave little guy.

The back expander, even though it is the smallest expander, is my most proud because we are now at 175cc after I got in another 30cc today. As long as things stay smooth, I am 99% positive that we will be over our 250 goal which is really exciting. The more saline we can get in to make his bubbles bigger, the better the result should be. I say should because there is no telling how the skin will stretch in certain areas once Dr. Bauer works his magic!

The other two are also doing well! Even though the upper chest expander is looking less purplish, I am not taking any chances so I only put in 40cc, making the total 230cc. The lower chest expander is the toughest one. It gets so tight so quickly but as Dr. Bauer reminded me, just because it is the biggest one doesn't mean that it will fill the best. Every expander is different, especially depending on location. So, I barely could get in 45cc but that is ok because we are still doing well with totals now at 310cc.

His bubbles are getting so big! Check them out for yourself!

Belly expander at 310cc, Back expander at 175cc

Upper chest at 230cc! Yes, he can and often does rest his chin on his bubble! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww sweet boy. This made me smile and laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete