Thursday, September 20, 2012

Easy Peasy

Today was fill #4. It really has become part of our normal Thursday routine. I don't have a lot of anxiety before the fills like I used to and I certainly don't have the fear anymore. Don't get me wrong...I don't like doing it (who would?) but I have to put that aside and be strong for Aiden. The less nervous I am, the easier it is for us to help him through it.

This was by far the best Aiden has done this round. He still continues to not be a fan of putting the numbing cream on but thats because he knows what is about to come. However, as soon as we sit him in his seat for lunch, he is perfectly fine and the 45 minutes fly on by. He enjoyed a popsicle for his special treat today, which he thought was yummy! When it was time for the fill, he sat in Michael's lap and picked Little Einsteins to watch.

When I went to do the first bubble in his lower chest, he turned around to look at what I was doing but then quickly went back to the show. While I was trying to put the needle in, he shifted a little and since this was the slanted one, it was hard for me to tell if I was in there. So, I had to pull it out. Darn it! So I went to go get another needle and then cleaned the area again. Then just before I went to put the needle in, I saw that Michael had accidentally brushed his arm on the port. Oops! So, I cleaned the area one more time. Aiden did so well throughout all of our little mishaps with only saying a little no at the first poke. I was able to get in 55cc with totals now up to 265cc.

The next bubble in his back was a piece of cake. I was in and out like a pro, getting in 30cc again! This one is now at 145cc! The port in the arm is my least favorite one because Aiden seems to have the hardest time with that one and we really have to watch him so he doesn't try to pull out the needle while I am filling. However, much to my surprise, he didn't flinch once. He even watched the bubble fill up in between watching his show. This one is still looking a little purple so we are still taking it easy, so I stopped at 45cc and that one is now at 190cc. I couldn't be happier with these results because with seven more hopeful fills left, all three bubbles are a little over half way there already! I know I won't continue to get these kind of numbers as the bubbles tighten up but we are in a very good place right now.

It was an easy peasy fill and an easy peasy week which I am very happy about!

As always, I will leave you with the latest pictures of his bubbles!

Upper chest at 190cc, Lower chest at 265cc

Back at 145cc 

Actually got a smile this time just after the fill! 

No comments:

Post a Comment