Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Aiden's First Birthday

Today is Aiden's first birthday and it amazes me that an entire year has gone by already! There certainly have been times throughout the year that seemed like time was moving slow but for the most part, it feels like a blink of an eye. When I look at Aiden, I am one proud mommy. He is one of a kind. His personality lights up the room and he absolutely loves every bit of attention that he gets.

Thinking back on November 1, 2010 brings back such an emotional time in my life. When I woke up that morning at 4:30am, I most certainly didn't expect to be so scared or have so much anxiety after he was born. For weeks I didn't know how to feel. I was happy, sad, anxious, scared and blessed all at the same time. I had the perfect little baby boy with a bunch of unanswered questions. I cried randomly and thought the worst. It was definitely not how I pictured the day to go but I am happy that its now just a memory. 

I am so thankful to be in a much better place today that it brings tears to my eyes. I knew there was no way I would get through today without crying just a bit. It was a tough time in my life but I wouldn't take it back simply because I wouldn't have the same Aiden. I am so much stronger now that I have questions answered and a huge support group. Nevus Outreach has been a life changer. Without them, I would have made decisions not knowing that they would have been a mistake due to being badly misinformed. I have also made lifelong friends  in the process and I love knowing that Aiden has plenty of little buddies who he can relate to when he is older. Thank you to all my friends and family for being there throughout this year. I would have fallen apart without you. 

Today was a FANTASTIC day. Michael and I took him to Disneyland for a few hours and he had a blast. We were even able to get a picture with Goofy, which he always enjoys! Then, we headed home to get ready for a small party. Due to surgery being so close to his birthday, we decided that it would be more fun to do his bigger party after we get back from Chicago but I still wanted to do something to celebrate his happy little life today! So, we invited a few people over, had some dinner, opened some presents, and let Aiden have his first taste of cake! He wasn't too sure what to think of everything but we all had a blast watching him experience his 1st birthday. Here are just a few pictures from today.

Grandpa and Grandma Rexroat




Uncle Trevor and his girlfriend, Lisa

Grandpa and Grandma Savage

Our fun neighbors...Audrey, Mike, Joyce, Monique, Juliann

Aunt Renee

Juliann giving Aiden a birthday kiss! 

Mommy and daddy with their birthday boy!

Aiden loves characters at Disneyland

Opening gifts...of course, Mommy opened them ALL

First Birthday cake...he was really unsure what to do with it. Hardly made any mess at all. 


Even though I am sad that his birthday snuck up on me so fast, I am so HAPPY because this means that we are now less than two weeks away from leaving on a plane back to Chicago. We are back in quarantine now until we leave just to make sure that Aiden does not get sick before surgery. It's hard to stay cooped up in the house but I just can't risk it, especially in the middle of cold and flu season. Luckily, we leave one week from Saturday so its not as long as the first surgery.

Thank you so much to everyone who has followed and supported Aiden's journey thus far! I will continue to keep you all posted...we have two more fills to do and then Dr. Bauer is going to work his magic on removing nevus! I am so excited to see results!!!!

With only a few hours left of this day, I would like to wish my little Aiden a HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY one more time! Also, a happy birthday to his nevus twin, Brayden, who was born on the same day as Aiden! We crossed paths back at our first Nevus gathering in Arizona and have been friends ever since!

Goodnight everyone!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment