Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finally Another Fill!

Last Thursday would have been another fill for Aiden but he was still coughing and Dr. Bauer wanted to make sure he was better before we did anything with the expanders. Aiden's stitches that were left in were also causing some issues so it was just best to leave it alone for a few more days. By Monday, he was in a much better place so we decided to attempt a fill after Michael got home from work.

We changed up the scenery a bit to help distract Aiden and made sure he had plenty of snacks and juice to keep him busy. For once, I did the belly expander first. This one always surprises me on how much we can get in. It already felt pretty firm but we managed to get in 50cc! That expander now has 375cc and I can't believe it!

The back expander went fine but we were only able to get in 30cc. I thought that was strange because it had been so soft for weeks now but I didn't force it because I knew how sensitive the area already was. Then a few minutes after filling it, the expander got really soft again. At first, I thought that maybe the expander was leaking so I emailed Dr. Bauer just in case. He assured me that everything is fine and that sometimes the expanders don't always act the way we want them to.

It's hard to believe that we are past half way there already. We only have about 4-5 fills left and then we will be back on a plane to get these bubbles out. I am glad that it went by so fast!

Check out his newest look....


375cc in belly, 400cc in back

Just after the fill...happy as can be!
Don't forget to get your copy of Aiden's cookbook before they are all gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment