Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fill # 3

A week has gone by already so that means it was time for another fill today. This is Aiden's third fill but the second at home. I felt a lot better this time about doing the fill without a handy nurse to help us out if needed.

We had originally planned on doing the fill in the morning before Michael left for work, but Aiden's prescription of the Lidocaine cream (this helps numb his ports) wasn't going to be in until after noon, so we had a change of plans. Since Michael is closing tonight, we decided that he would take an extended lunch and come home around 2:30. I had everything ready to go before he arrived so that he could get back to work as quickly as possible.

With the rice cakes in hand, we were ready to begin! I decided to do the back expander again first this time. This expander had softened up quite a bit, so I was prepared to get more than 60cc in this time. I had a difficult time pushing the syringe to get the saline in but I was able to get in a total of 70cc! Aiden didn't even flinch...he was too busy eating his snack! I probably could have gotten a little more in but I am playing the cautious card. His stitches are finally healing from the redness, so I didn't want to cause too much pressure to that area.

Then it was time for the front expander. I prepared for a cry because of last time, but to my surprise there was not a single peep. I was able to get in 60cc and I was happy with that result. He was in such a great mood that he even let me snap a few pictures before wanting to get down! I hope every fill is this smooth.

I can't believe that we are scheduled to do this 9 more times. He already looks so big to me. He is really going to have a difficult time crawling around towards the end but I know that this will go by so fast. So far, this process is going great so I can only hope that he continues to stay healthy.

Take a look at his bubbles now...
Back expander 260cc

Belly expander 235cc

Side view
I am pretty happy with the results so far. It is tough watching them go through this but at the end of the day, I would rather it be tough on me than tough on him. Aiden goes on with his days like nothing is different and that is exactly how I want it to be.

On another note, Aiden's second shipment of cookbooks have arrived! Michael and I can't begin to thank everyone for all the support so far. You all have lifted such a huge amount of weight from our shoulders! If you have yet to get your copy, please let me know! If you live in my area, we will find a time to meet up with you. If you are out of town, the book is available to order on this website! With Christmas around the corner, these cookbooks also make a great gift. Help us spread the word! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment