Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Last Fill

Today was the last fill of round two. It was actually bittersweet. I wish we could have four more fills but I am also glad that we don't have to worry about "fill" day until next time.

Aiden did fantastic today. I wasn't expecting him to because he was less than thrilled to fill up his bubbles. He was, however, thrilled at getting a sucker, especially since it was one with a little lighting mcqueen toy at the top. To say this kid is obsessed with cars is an understatement. He even watched this new little show we found on Netflix that is all about cars.

I did experience a mishap today and actually it made me laugh. When I went to do the first bubble, everything was going fine. The needle was in, I could feel the port and the saline seemed to be going in. Well, out of nowhere the syringe comes flying off the needle and squirts Michael right in the face. We were both silent for a second but moved on to get new supplies since those were now not sanitized.  I have never had that happen before and the only thing I can think of it that I didn't have the syringe completely attached to the needle and it just came loose. The best part was Aiden didn't even flinch and didn't care that I had to poke him again. If that would have happened last time, I would have freaked out but it was no big deal and no reason to panic. So, instead, we laughed it off.

All of the other bubbles went perfect. No tears and no flinching one bit. Aiden even looked at the needle in his arm and clapped and said "Blue" because the butterfly part of the needle is that color. We ended the last fill with a high five and that couldn't have made me any happier. I am no medical professional but I can easily do this and actually find it easier in the comfort of our own home.

I did not put a whole lot in today but I am pleased with the numbers. He now has 290 in the upper chest, 360 in the lower chest and 220 in the back. Considering we are moving up surgery and missed a week, we are not that far off from the goals of 350, 500 and 250. I know this is going to be great results! I am relieved that we are going early so that we don't encounter any more issues as we are starting to see some drainage again from the incisions.

Take a look at what the final fill brought us to....

Upper chest at 290cc

Back at 220cc

Lower chest at 360cc and quite the view of all three! 
We will head to Chicago on Sunday and prepare for surgery on the 23rd!

1 comment:

  1. wow it looks amazing, im really excited for you guys and looking forward to seeing the results,its always a good feeling when all expanders are perfect!Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete